Well, everybody is well known about the most romantic day of the year, the Valentine’s Day. 14th of February every year, it is the time and date that is set aside to show your innermost feelings and love to others. It is the busiest time of the year for the Candy makers, card companies, and the florist all over the world.
Here are some fun and crazy facts that you should know about February 14:
The celebration on Valentine Day was done from the ages back to the Lupercalia period where it was celebrated as a Roman festival dedicated to fertility.
All the celebrations took place on 15th of February and it was dedicated to Faunus who was the Roman God of Agriculture.
The celebrations on this day eventually reduced after the evolution of Christianity and until it was revived by Pope Gelasius who announced 14th of February as the feast for Saint Valentine’s Day in 496 A.D. According to the ancient traditions, Saint Valentine belonged to the third century of the Roman period who was martyred on 14th of February.
Modern Valentine’s Day
The popularity of Valentine’s Day eventually grew in England in the era of 1700. People began to send letters and Cards and flowers to the loved ones and it became a tradition that is still continued to date.
- There are more than 13, 760 florists across the United States that employee 61, 170 people.
- The minimum age of marriage for men during those periods was 29.7 and 27.8 for women.
- During those periods, it was considered as a bad sign to autograph on a valentines card.
- In the middle ages, adult and young men and women do you names to find out their Valentine. The names would be pinned to their sleeves that inspired the expression “to wear your heart on your sleeve.”
- About 3% of the Global pet owners give Valentine’s Day present to their beloved pets
- 14th of February is also a single awareness day
- More than around 35 million hearts chocolate boxes get old on Valentine’s Day every year.
- 73% of people who buy beautiful flowers on Valentine’s Day are men and the rest are women.
- 189 million roses are sold only in the US on Valentine’s Day.